In today’s world, self leveling concrete plays an important role and without the concrete, one cannot get a smooth surface. When it comes to olden days not many countries, contribute to making the smooth surface. Nowadays, every country has its own to smooth out and make the concrete in the best manner. For example, most of the time people always use the concrete for covering the vinyl goods and they turned to give perfect smoothness. The process is used much in industrial floors and in light warehouses. If the subfloors are highly undulated, then a thick layer of self-leveling concrete must be used.
Steps in Laying the Concrete:
When you are ready to apply the self leveling concrete, follow the steps. As a result, you will find the perfect concrete with a smooth texture.
- Measurement of Concrete Floor Area – It is necessary to measure the complete length and width of floor area before making up any decision.
- Cleaning the Area – This is an important part of cleaning laying the concrete. Suppose if you find some saw-dust or other small particles, it is required to clean them in a fast manner. If you do not clean the area, you ought to see some small lumps after the concrete dries off.
- Threshold Strips – These threshold strips are nothing but a doorway across the concrete. when you finally pour the self leveling concrete, there will be exact conclusion fine surface.
Check the Primer Surface and the Nature of The Leveling Compound:
- Primer Surface – Then after laying the threshold strips, you need to pour out the primer in long sections. This will make the primer to dry off and check out the clean side. After drying, one can clean the sand dust.
- Leveling Compound – Here comes the process of adding a perfect ratio of water and leveling compound. Adding them will cause the self leveling concrete to give a perfect finish.
- Adding Self Leveling Concrete – One must add the long thin strips of concrete that are about 12 inches wide. Start from the far edge and finally exit until the doorway, without any lump or brittle layer of concrete that might damage the quality of the renovated or repaired floor.
Tips on Working with Self Leveling Concrete
Everybody feels that the floor layer should be a smooth surface and it brittle like a glass. When you follow the process in order, one can get the smooth surface:
- One need to check for the best floor heat resistance before laying the self leveling concrete. Tile installed should adjust and absorb the heat in a perfect level.
- Cleaning the floor is more important rather than mixing the entire layer. Either use a vacuum or clean all the small dust particles before pouring the primer.
- Try to seal the holes. The holes in the basement cause the wastage of concrete. It is essential to seal them with caulk. A caulk is like white cement, but it will be the perfect choice for cleaning the filling. Wait until the white dries of setting them in a straight manner.
- Take care of sidewalls. Try to seal the sidewalls, as the sealer acts as a connection between a foundation and wall plate.
All the tips are just based on the suggestion. But, based on the knowledge you can get into the perfect choice for a solution. Take care of primer and the concrete with the best side of the layer. Make out the best side of the layer and see that the concrete dries off. However, before the concreting process starts, you must check the surface of the underlayment’s and toppings to avoid any sudden plunge into detrimental floor plans.