The homeowners usually overlook the fact that the roof of the house needs to be restored. This is because the roof protects your home from the elements like wind, rain and sun. The natural elements will gradually wear out the roof and it will get weakened. Hence the roof looks discoloured and so the entire house looks very dull. The restoration of roof is of prime importance as it will extend the life of the roof as well as the house. The structural integrity of the house will also be strengthened.
Why is Roof Restoration Necessary?
The main reason for roof restoration is to prevent problems that occur on a daily basis and soothe necessity. It can either be repaired or replaced. It is the same case with the commercial buildings. Hence you must know the benefits of the restoration. They are:
- Cost savings – It is a fact that roof restoration is one of the biggest investments. But it has the potential to save you from even bigger loss in case any disaster occurs and whole roof is required to be repaired. The restoration should therefore be done keeping in mind about long term advantages.
- Depreciation period is long – It is the rule of the federal government to depreciate your roof over a period of 39 years. Hence it is beneficial for you to extend the life of the roof as it is not possible to constantly do additional repairs for many more years.
- Cool factor – The solutions for cool roof is available that will lower the temperature of the existing roof. The coatings that are given on the roof are highly reflective and they can increase the solar reflectivity. This will automatically reduce the costs of interior coating. As a result, you can save significantly on the HVAC savings.
- Tax benefits – The roof restoration is basically financed only through maintenance and not with capital budgets. This is a very strong tax benefit. This means that if it is an expense of the maintenance, then the restoration can immediately expense your costs. Later the tax advantage will depend upon where you live.
- Safety – The reason for restoring the roof is safety. The roofing systems are such that if they are upgraded, then it will become a class A fire rating. Hence you will not only restore the roof but also lower down the insurance cost.
- Heat efficiency – The coatings that are used for roof restoration is very reflective hence it increases the reflectivity of the sun. This will in turn help to reduce the interior costs.
- Warranty – The roof restoration is done on the basis of additional warranty. Your roof will get a warranty for up to ten to fifteen years.
- Less intrusive – The restoration is much better than replacement. This is because replacement is noisier and more disruptive. On the other hand, the restoration is faster and cleaner.
Adds Value and Prevents Leaks
The roof restoration is very essential for any homeowner because as the roof deteriorates, there is a chance of leakage. If water enters your home, then it means that it is causing damage to the house. There will also be growth in moulds and mildew. Hence it is a preventive measure to avoid so many problems. It will ensure that your tiles are in proper place and the roof is sealed. The roof that is restored increases the value of the home. The aesthetic value of the house also increases.
You will find more buyers as they will have to do fewer repairs in future. The roof restoration should be only done with a professional help as they have the expertise in this subject. They conduct a thorough inspection and so recommend accurate solutions to the problem.