Acrylic sheets are made by pouring molten PMMA in between 2 glass casting plates then cooled to form a solid acrylic sheet. They are Transparent Clear, weather-resistant and long-lasting plastic sheet.
Acrylic sheets are the world’s oldest synthetic materials, known as Plexiglass. They are transparent and durable than glass. People are mostly using such sheets instead of glass, and you can find various products such as display signs, windows, picture frames, furniture, aquariums and home décor items made with acrylic plastic. The main advantage of the acrylic sheets are:
- Easy to fabricate and shape
- Lighter and durable than glass
- Highly transparent and easy to clean
- No maintenance cost needed
#5 Advantages of Using Acrylic Sheets:
1. You can easily heat the acrylic plastic to mould them according to your needs. After cool down the acrylic sheets, it can be machined, drilled or sawed like wood and soft metals. You can drill these plastic sheets like wood. Even, you can mix wooden properties with the acrylic moulds to make them more durable. Acrylic sheets are cost-effective and you can reduce your production cost by using acrylic sheet to form your products. You can easily use this thermoplastic material under a certain temperature to fabricate such sheets, and acrylic sheets can be formed into any shape.
2. Acrylic sheets are 50% tougher than glass and they are unbreakable. Apart from that, they are lightweight and easy to install. They have greater impact resistance capacity than glass and they have superior weather resistance power. Under high impact, acrylic plastic does not shatter and if it does break, it fractures into large, dull-edged pieces. This is an important safety feature for applications. Glass is a fragile item and you cannot take any risk to use glass on large commercial buildings. In this case, you can use acrylic sheets on your large buildings as window and wall treatment. This is the reason for using acrylic plastics for shower doors, and you can find different kinds of home improvement products such as plexiglass windows, sliding doors and enclosures for hockey rinks made with acrylic sheets.
3. As stated above that acrylic plastic is highly transparent and you cannot find any excessive yellow tinting on these sheets over time. Acrylic plastic can provide the same level light transmittance to glass and it can offer the same aesthetic appeal. You cannot use glass in the areas which are under high-sun exposure and you have to use acrylic plastic sheets in those areas. They do not get affected by the sun’s heat and other climatic issues. This is the reason why acrylic plastics are used for making computers, automotive screens, eyeglasses, and water tanks.
4. You do not need to spend any additional maintenance cost on acrylic plastics like glass. You can use a microfiber cloth to clean such sheets and you must clean them properly without leading to any scratch on them. Cleaning acrylic gently is best. It is suggested to avoid ammonia-based products, glass cleaners, and rough towels to clean acrylic plastics because they can damage your acrylic windows or doors. Apart from that, ammonia-based products contain harmful chemicals that will spread some germs in your area. In this case, you can use some soapy water to clean acrylic sheets.
5. Acrylic plastics are chemical resistant and they can be used for medical equipment. Even they can be safely used in the food industry. People can use such acrylic sheets for making medical tools, microfluidics, and fluidic devices. But, before you use acrylic plastic sheets for medical tools, you must check their thickness and grade.
To choose the best quality acrylic plastic sheets, you need to contact the best manufacturer or dealers. In this case, you can search such acrylic sheets online and check their density, thickness, and grade. Ask for a few samples if required from the manufacturer. Then you can compare their prices to choose an affordable deal. Make sure, you must check their license, customer reviews, certifications, and products specification before you choose.