India is steadily moving towards achieving its goal of complete financial inclusion, a drive which is meant to ensure everyone is banked. Adding a feather to the cap is the success of Jan Dhan Account, which has now more than ₹30 crore subscribers.
Adding more fuel to the financial inclusion drive, banks are now offering BSBD account to individuals with no requirement to maintain a specific balance. The account comes with more attractions that await you in this article. So, what are you waiting for? Come and read.
BSBD Account Features in General
BSBD, the short form of Basic Savings Bank Deposit Account, has come to supplement the efforts of the government towards bringing people under the banking ambit. Zero balance, free online transactions, free cash deposits remain the highlights of this new account type.
BSBD Account SBI
State Bank of India (SBI) is one of the premier banks where you would want to open a BSBD account, won’t you? With around 25,000 branches and 60,000 ATMs across the country, SBI calls you loud for BSBD. If you open the account here, the following benefits would be applicable.
- Zero balance facility
- Basic ATM-cum debit card to be issued free
- Free credit of money via NEFT and RTGS
- Free deposit or collection of cheques drawn by either central or state government
- No charges on account closure
You need to adhere to the following to enjoy a continued run of BSBD account services.
- You must not have any other savings account with SBI. In case you have, make sure to close it within 30 days of opening a BSBD account.
- Withdrawals are capped to 4 in a month, including the money withdrawn from SBI and other bank ATMs, transfers made via NEFT/RTGS, EMI, standing instructions, etc.
BSBD Account HDFC
If SBI is the leader among public sector banks, so is HDFC Bank among its private peers. It also offers basic savings bank deposit account with the following benefits.
- No minimum balance required
- Free issuance of RuPay card
- Cash deposits free at both branches and ATMs
- Passbook to be issued free
- Free credit of money via RTGS and NEFT
- E-mail statement to be provided without any fee
- InstaQuery facility with no charges
- Safe deposit locker
- Facilities of net banking, mobile banking and phone banking available
- A total of four withdrawals is allowed in a month. These withdrawals are money withdrawn from HDFC and other bank ATMs, transfers made through RTGS/NEFT, debits made via EMI, standing instructions, etc.
BSBD Account ICICI Bank
ICICI Bank, another private sector biggie, is also ready to offer you with feature-rich BSBD account.
- Zero balance feature
- RuPay Card to be issued without any fee
- Cash deposits can be made at no cost
- No charges on cash withdrawal
- Issuance of passbook without any cost
In order to maintain a continued run, you need to make sure the total credit in a financial year does not exceed ₹1 lakh.
Similarly, there are other banks as well that offers BSBD accounts to individuals. All the resident Indians can get this account opened and operate either on a single or joint basis.