Engineering jobs in Malaysia
Engineering is a domain of specialty in Malaysia. It is one of the highly paying jobs. Engineering jobs are getting more traction these days in Malaysia due to more innovation, better growth and career enhancement options. So, if you are looking for an engineering job in Malaysia, then here are the things you should know before forming an engineering career in Malaysia.
To pursue an engineering course in Malaysia one need to pursue a course in BTech. Or BE. These two courses can be done from the universities, government colleges and private colleges which run independent in country. The course structure here is designed to provide students with the required knowledge and skills. A few of the top BTech. colleges are as follows: –
- Universityof Malaya Kuala Lumpur
- Universiti Teknologi MalaysiaJohor Bahru
- Limkokwing Universityof Creative Technology Cyberjaya
- AIMST UniversityBedong
- Monash University- Malaysia Bandar Sunway
- Asia Pacific Universityof Technology & Innovation Kuala Lumpur
- University Putra MalaysiaSeri Kembangan.
Most students from the country and abroad even go for further studies like MTech. But that’s less popular at the moment in the country as most people start working at a tender age after finishing graduation.
Top Companies that offer Engineering jobs in Malaysia: –
- IJM Corporation Berhad
- Gamuda Berhad
- MalaysianResources Corporation Berhad (MRCB)
- WCT Holdings Berhad
- WCE Holdings Berhad
- Hock Seng Lee Berhad (HSL)
- Mudajaya Group Berhad
- Beam Consulting
- Affiliated Computer Services (ACS)
- Aon Consulting
- Arthur D. Little
- T. Kearney
- BMC Software Consulting
- Booz & Company
- Boston Consulting Group (BCG)
- Buck Consultants
- Computer Associates
- Computer Sciences Corporation (CSC)
- Deloitte Consulting
These organizations are the top organizations of Malaysia and people from all around the world look forward to work with these companies the major benefits are growth prospects are high, assurance for global Identity, lucrative salaries, great learning environment, service to society.
Skills needed for engineering
Most companies in Malaysia look for skilled engineers and hire people who are good in following skills:
- Effective technical skills.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- Teamworking skills.
- Soft Skills
If one wants to pursue a career in engineering in Malaysia, he or she should be good in showing these skills and even if they don’t have these skills to show, they should be adaptable and open to learn those skills. So, for most of the recruiters in Malaysia, will to learn in candidate is the most important.
You may also read: Juniper Network Engineer
Salary Scale for Engineering jobs in Malaysia
- An entry-level Engineer with less than 1-year experience can expect to earn an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of RM 34,814 based on 157 salaries.
- An early career Engineer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation of RM 42,641 based on 311 salaries.
- A mid-career Mechanical Engineer with 5-9 years of experience earns an average total compensation of RM 60,356 based on 182 salaries.
- An experienced Mechanical Engineer with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of RM 73,268 based on 72 salaries.
- In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of RM 104,542.
Engineering jobs in Malaysia are great if one gets opportunity to work for a bigger firm. If you are looking for such job in Malaysia, go through these company names and directions and take the wings of success in your career path.