6 Exercises to Kick start Your Workout Routine
Due to our daily busy schedules at work, house chores and the many commitments, we rarely have time for exercising. Our lifestyle has been of less concern to our own health. The little leisure time we get we spend watching movies, TV programs and very few of us find time to visit the gym. Despite the alarming rate of obesity, diseases like diabetes and heart-related complications being declared a global health concern, we still stick to our unhealthy lifestyle, giving a deaf ear to the impending danger facing us. It’s time we changed our lifestyles and lived a healthy life.
Here is the right formula to get you started, and simple fitness trends that will help you lose weight and stay fit.
1. Simple plank
Our strength comes mostly from our daily chores. ensure your torso is firm through a modified plank. This may look strenuous during the first few tries; however, trying to stay in the position for 15 to 20 seconds, with time (after two-three days), becomes simpler, and you can then increase it to 30 to 40 seconds.
This is how it’s done:
- Go flat on your stomach while raising your body until you only rest on your knees and forearms.
- Let the upper arms and the forearms form a right angle.
- In three deep breaths, try pulling your abs inward.
- Release the abs back slowly.
- Go back into the position and repeat the procedure.
2. Simple squats
An assisted squat is simple but may look hard for beginners. It involves quadriceps, calf muscles and hamstrings, aimed at strengthening the legs. This is the key to the deeper squat of the gluteus that goes up to 28% or more.
- Get your towel wrapped around a strong poll in front of you.
- Stand with your feet at hip-width apart while pulling your abs inward.
- Go down low into a squat position.
- Take your time and gently rise into a standing posture.
- Repeat the procedure several times.
3. Try the Superman
This is a simple exercise that even children can perform at home. Superman transforms your body into that of the real flying Superman. It is regarded as the best fitness trend for beginners. It is recommended that you maintain the position for at least a quarter of a minute: 15 seconds.
It’s this simple:
- Lie flat on your stomach with arms overstretched in front…
- Start raising the hind, front arms and the chest in a sequence motion.
- Pose in the same posture, pressing your lower back for maximum results.
- Fold back the arms and chest into an upright posture.
4. The bicycle maneuver
Many people don’t have time to ride bicycles. However, the bicycle maneuver has turned out to be the best and most interesting exercise that will effectively strengthen your abdominal muscles. The exercise stimulates the rectus abdominous. Just as normal bicycle riding, it leaves you fit, burning off excess fat long after the exercise is completed.
This is how it goes:
- Rest your body facing up, forwarding your knees toward the chest.
- Support your head with your hands.
- Raise your shoulder blades above the floor.
- Try twisting your left elbow toward your right knee.
- Twist the other right elbow toward the left knee.
- Repeat the above procedure with a different knee at a time.
5. The Russian twist
For a comprehensive abdominal workout, the Russian twist offers you all. The exercise is simple and helps to stretch your internal and external obliques; hence, transverse the abdominals efficiently. You need zero equipment, and you will set yourself on course to shedding a considerable amount of weight in the process.
This is how it’s done:
- Sit flat on the floor with your feet outstretched.
- Lean back at a 45-degree angle to the ground, maintaining an upright posture.
- Stretch your arms away from your body (one on top of the other).
- Rotate to your right gradually the farthest you can.
- Repeat the same to your left with the same force and agility.
6. 10-minute yoga
This exercise involves stretching the body and muscles. Yoga is also known to boost balance, breathing, as well as giving you the ability to manage stress.
Bottom line: The most interesting fact about these beginner exercises is that they require no equipment and are personally oriented. They require minimal expertise monitoring or directions and can be tried even in your backyard. Break the norm and make it a habit. Exercises will make your path to lifestyle fitness more enjoyable by making you healthy, physically fit and, above all, keep the doctor away!