Do you love your vehicle too much to let it go into the wrong hands for repair or servicing? Are you concerned about the longevity of your car/motorcycle? Then you must ensure that you get it repaired from a trained professional mechanic who has the expertise and uses the latest tools and techniques to provide maintenance solution. For branded cars like BMW, Lamborghini or the Mercedes, you need to be careful about the branded spare parts and you must ensure that you buy these from registered dealers only.
Steps to Find the Right Mechanic
There is a lot of mechanics available in different repair shops, but it is essential to know how to choose the best one for your vehicle. Here is a detailed step by step guide to do the same!
- Take a survey and ask your close friends and relatives about where they get their cars serviced. You can take help from the local dealers and mechanics, but if the complications are all related to the mechanical and electrical component malfunctions, you need to take your vehicle to a practiced mechanic.
- Try to discover the services the big fleets in your area. For example, the vans, cabs, government vehicles probably run more than yours and thus must be serviced well to keep them on the roads. A detailed analysis will help you judge which mechanic to visit.
- Post queries on various online forums that give reviews of the best mechanic in town. Also, if your issue something minor then you can resolve it on your own by checking out some of the most straightforward troubleshooting techniques on such websites.
You can get it from a Well-Established Car Manufacturer:
- Every car manufacturer provides a list of approved service providers on their websites. Surf through your automaker’s website for the authorized service centers. One advantage of such service centers is that they have the well-trained workforce which deals respectively with the cars of a particular company.
- Once you have filtered the list of mechanic and finally decided which one to choose you must ask them a few questions to confirm that you are handing over the keys in the best hands. Ask them about how many years have they been in the business and the years of experience their team has. Get to know the kind of warranties they offer on the job and about the types of parts they use which could be new, used, OEM, or after-market. Right from checking the spark plugs to the coolant variations, and the condition of the chassis, there are multiple things that need to be checked when you take your car for servicing.
A study suggests that car dealerships charge you more than the independent repair shops. Typically, you might end up spending 15% more than what you would at a small independent shop. However, the authorized dealerships have the higher probability of having well trained and skilled workforce than the independent repair shops.
Always remember that you must find a mechanic before anything significant happens. This will grant you room for testing the skills of your service provider when your car is running smooth. Use your next service schedule as an opportunity to ask more questions to gauge the worker’s skills.
A reputed service provider will not hesitate in answering all of your doubts, and the right technician will do everything to take out the damaged part and show you what’s wrong with it. Always choose a certified company and invest wisely for your car. You can negotiate about the pricing of the spare parts and also whether and for how long the mechanic will provide the warranty on the servicing.