Guidelines for Buying Thermal Underwear
Insulating or ensuring that the heat does not escape from the body in extreme cold is of paramount importance. Wearing layering of clothes the best way to protect oneself in such conditions. Three layers are usually worn in cold climates – base layer, insulation layer in the middle and an outer layer. Thermal underwear for men is the base layer clothing which they wear under trousers or jeans. Since these are made up of two-ply clothes they can trap more body heat and provide insulation from cold. Best thermal underwear is those that are made from the combination of right proportion of natural fibers with synthetic ones like polyester, spandex or nylon to ensure the exact amount of moisture-wicking properties and heat preservation.
Points to consider while buying thermal underwear
1. The fabric of the underwear should be chosen keeping in mind the weather condition and the activity for which it is required. Two components of the fabric are material and weight. Lightweight thermal underwear for men is best for regular wear and recreational activities while the heavier ones are good for winter sports in the snow.
a. Cotton thermal underwear may be cheaper but they retain perspiration and does not wick away the moisture. Synthetic ones are best for extreme cold weather while the woolen ones are good at balancing moisture in any weather condition. Woolen ones also provide stretch.
2. Is it required for everyday use to provide warmth or is it going to be worn in freezing temperature to conserve body heat?
3. There are two different styles – one-piece suit or two pieces bought with a long-sleeved top and a lower portion stretching from the waist to ankle. Some people prefer two-piece thermal underwear for men as it provides more freedom. However, while purchasing a two-piece one needs to ensure the top is a good few inches below the waist. There are both full-sleeved and half-sleeved versions available.
4. It needs to be bacterial resistant. This is especially important for those men who would be outdoor for a long time.
5. It needs to have a loft to provide insulation from cold as it traps the air well
6. For maximum protection from the cold, the thermal underwear for men should be fitted rather than loose. Loose-fitting ones tend to create hot pockets, thus preventing the distribution of heat evenly.
Advantages of wearing thermal underwear
1. Wearing layers and layers of clothing is not the ideal scenario to prevent the onslaught of frigid cold. Thermal underwear for men is the most efficient way to feel warm and comfortable without appearing bulky under heavy winter garments.
2. It is an inexpensive way to guard the body against loss of heat during winter.
3. Thermal underwear for men is designed to adhere to the body enabling free and natural movement.
4. They absorb perspiration and prevent one from catching a cold.
Thermal underwear for men is the simplest and cost-effective way to keep them warm and comfortable during the winter season. Whatever style one intends to purchase the above-mentioned points need to be kept in mind.