The Staff Selection Commission has released the official notification for the next SSC CHSL Recruitment. Every year lakhs of aspiring candidates apply for the CHSL examination.
Those who wish to write the SSC CHSL Exam can apply for the same before December 15th 2020. Know the details on SSC CHSL Apply Online on the given link.
Candidates preparing for the CHSL exam must know that competition for the exam is intense hence, it is important to boost their score in each section to increase the overall score.
The article collates a few workable tips for each section to prepare well for the exam.
Tips to increase section-wise score in CHSL exam-
Reasoning and General Intelligence:
- This is the most tricky section and questions asked are mainly the brain teasers. It challenges your ability to think and solve problems. Hence, sharpen their logical and analytical skills to ace this section.
- Focus on one topic at a time as reasoning requires you to think in a certain way. Picking and skipping random topics won’t help.
- Use smart methods and tricks to solve questions and no need to make unnecessary assumptions while solving questions.
- Also, for solving the verbal and non-verbal questions, remember the series of the alphabet along with their numerical positions from 1 to 26. Also, directions understanding should be accurate.
- This is a difficult and time taking section. You can make this section your strength only if you gain command over the basic concepts, important shortcut tricks and formulae of Maths.
- For the preparation, it is advised that first focus on learning the basic concepts. After gaining in-depth knowledge move on to the shortcut tricks. Learning Short cut tricks is also important as it will help in solving tricky problems in a shorter time.
- For gaining more speed and accuracy practice short cut tricks and remember tables, cube roots, square roots, etc.
- Time management can be your strength for the aptitude section. Remember, do not give more than 1 minute to any question. Focus and work more on the weak areas by allocating a little extra time along with practising the area of your strengths.
- The easiest and the highest scoring sections of not just SSC CHSL but of any competitive exam. It tests your awareness of the happening around the world. Having a good knowledge of Current Affairs, Static GK and General Science are enough to ace this section.
- In order to prepare for the general awareness section, lead your preparation in the following manner – Science – Polity – History – Geography – Economics – Miscellaneous.
- More questions are asked from the current affairs and static GK so the focus should be on them.
- Read newspapers, magazines, online GK blogs, and watch news channels daily to prepare for general awareness.
- Also, it is important that you create notes and mind maps to help remember the chronology of events, cause and effects, important facts, etc.
- This section takes lesser time and can be your strength to ace the CHSL exam. It tests English language proficiency in terms of knowledge and understanding. Having a good command over English Vocabulary and basic grammar rules can help you ace the section.
- There are two steps to have a command on this section. First, improving comprehension skills that cannot be built overnight, it will take a course of time. So, reading newspapers, business magazines and feature stories daily can help improve comprehension skills faster.
- Second, improving Grammar, inculcates the habit of going through online flashcards, word lists or thesauruses regularly. Daily learning new words and putting them to use will enable you to remember it for a longer period.
To ace, the upcoming SSC CHSL Exam do follow the section-wise preparation tips for better results. Stay calm and confident during the exam. Candidates are advised to keep track of the official website for latest updates on the exam and can go through the relevant details regarding SSC CHSL Admit Card and other related documents on the given link.