The analysis of keywords is a fundamental part of the optimization of your website and should be present in any content marketing strategy.
The fundamental objective of keyword analysis is to know exactly what words your audience is using to refer to those issues that concern them.
The importance of a keyword analysis for your strategy
Once you perform your keyword analysis, you will discover the terms your audience is using. The reason why this previous step in your positioning strategy is so important is because in this way you will be able to write about those topics and offer them some solution using the same language as your audience and connecting with their concerns.
In addition, if you do a good analysis of keywords, the traffic received by your website will be qualified and constant, so you will improve the positioning of your business in search engines.
Elements to keep in mind
As I just told you, with keyword analysis you can identify which keywords are being used the most, however this is not the only factor you should consider. Competition is the other fundamental factor that you should consider. A high volume of searches usually means a high level of competence. Like I take a long-tail keyword London to Lisbon cheap flights when I check its volume it shows good amount of searches due to relevant selection of keyword that relate to a particular niche of Travel.
With keyword analysis your intention is to find words with a high level of searches and with a reduced competition. This is not easy to achieve, but without a doubt, with a little time and with the right tools you can achieve it.
Tools to analyze keywords
- Google Adwords: The most common way to perform keyword analysis is using the Google Adwords keyword tool.
- Google Trends: Suggesting a few initial words, Adwords will provide you with a significant number of keywords indicating the volume of searches, competition, trend and CPC. With Google Trends you can see in more detail what the evolution of searches for a certain keyword has been.
- SEO Quake: If you use this technique I recommend that you install a plugin for Chrome or Mozilla Firefox called SEOquake and that you check if the results of the first page of Google for your keyword are competitive, since it seems to me a better indicator of competence than the one you offers the tool for Adwords keywords.
- Word tracker: However, although it is crucial to carry it out, it is true that doing all this research manually requires a lot of time, and more if you are not very familiar with this type of analysis. Using a Premium tool to search for keywords, you can save all that work by normally achieving better results. One of these tools is Wordtracker.
- Market Samurai: Another tool that can be useful for this task is Market Samurai, especially in order to position yourself in long tail or long tail keywords.
I hope this article will help you perform keyword analysis effectively as it is a crucial element for the success of your content marketing strategy.
Author Bio: Hassan Johar, is professional in Online Marketing, and writes about strategies for bloggers and entrepreneurs, with the aim of helping them generate web traffic and increase their conversion rates.