Today, for all Indians, an Aadhaar Card is an essential document to have. It is required for a number of purposes, including opening bank accounts, availing investment and insurance products, and even obtaining a passport. It also benefits you if you require particular welfare benefits from the Indian government. The beauty of the card is that it serves as both a document that authenticates an individual’s address and identity. Once you apply for an Aadhaar Card, you can opt for an Aadhaar Card download, when it is due to be handed over to you.
Aadhaar Card Download
Almost all processes are going the digital way today, and downloading an Aadhaar can also be done online. You can do this through the official website at Home – Unique Identification Authority of India | Government of India (uidai.gov.in). While undertaking the download procedure, residents of India have to use their ID of enrolment, Aadhaar number (if you already have an Aadhaar Card and wish to download it), or a virtual Aadhaar ID. You should note that the É Aadhaar Card is a digital copy of the Aadhaar , and it is protected by a password. Moreover, it holds a digital signature of an authority belonging to the UIDAI. The digital Aadhaar that you download may also facilitate the use of an ID and address proof document for unofficial and official reasons. There are different ways in which to download your Aadhaar and the main ways will be explained in the following sections.
Download Using an Aadhaar Card Number
One method of undertaking an Aadhaar Card download process is to use your Aadhaar Card number. Here are the steps:
- Visit the official website of Aadhaar.
- You will see a tab, ‘Download Aadhaar’. You can click on this.
- Another tab will show for the ‘Aadhaar Number’. Under this, you have to select the ‘I Have’ option.
- Click on this and fill in your Aadhaar number (twelve-digit number).
- After you submit this, you will receive a captcha code and you have to enter this too.
- A sign to ‘Send OTP’ will be displayed.
- You must enter the OTP which will be sent to your phone and then you will be prompted to complete a survey. After its completion, you can press ‘Verify and Download’. Your Aadhaar Card will be downloaded and ready for you to print.
Download Using an Aadhaar Enrolment ID
If you have already applied for an Aadhaar Card and have an enrolment ID, you can easily download a copy of it online. The following steps indicate how you may do this:
- Visit the official Aadhaar website. You can click on ‘Download Aadhaar’ which occurs below the tab ‘My Aadhaar’.
- This will take you to the website https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/.
- You will be required to make an entry of your enrolment ID (fourteen-digit ID) along with the date/time stamp printed on the enrolment slip.
- After you submit this, you will get the option to ‘Request OTP’, which you will shortly receive on your phone. You have to enter the OTP in the required field and click on ‘Download Aadhaar’.