Netgear routers offer outstanding performance and unbeatable internet access on all wired and wireless devices. But for online gaming and video streaming, all you need to do is to just set up your Netgear router with 192.168.1.254 IP. In this write-up, you will get step-by-step instructions on how to set up Netgear router with 192.168.1.254. Continue reading!
Pro Tip: You can use this write-up to setup any model Netgear router you have.
Steps to Setup Netgear Router with 192.168.1.254
- First things first, unbox your Netgear router (if it is new).
- Then, plug in your Netgear router. Make sure that the wall plug you are using to connect your Netgear router is in working condition.
- Connect your Netgear router to your existing WiFi-enabled device (router or modem) via an Ethernet cable. Besides, you can connect your Netgear router to your existing WiFi-enabled device in a wireless manner also.
- To avoid WiFi connectivity issues, make sure that your Netgear router is receiving at least 50 percent of your existing modem’s WiFi signals.
- Once you are done with step 1 and step 2, the next thing you need to do is to turn on a PC or laptop and connect it to your existing modem’s WiFi network.
- Then, open a web browser on your connected device (PC or laptop) and pull up a web browser on it.
Note: In order to avoid any kind of browser-related issue, make sure that you are using an up-to-date internet browser. We are suggesting you this because 192.168.1.254 IP is not compatible with an older or outdated web browser version.
Now, what you have to do is to hover your mouse cursor over the browser’s address bar and type 192.168.1.254.
Note: To avoid login issues, it is suggested:
- Not to use the web browser’s search bar for entering 192.168.1.254 IP.
- Cross-check the default Netgear router IP address after entering and ensure that there aren’t any typos in it.
In addition to that, you can also use 192.168.1.1 or 10.0.0.1 IP address for logging into your Netgear router and to set it up. 192.168.1.1, 10.0.0.1 or 192.168.1.254 IP address, all three of them are used for:
- Logging into Netgear router
- Setting up a Netgear router
- Changing the settings of an already configured router
On the off chance if one IP address is not working, you can use another one.
- After entering the IP address correctly (without typos) in the address bar field of the internet browser, press the enter key on your keyboard.
- As soon as you hit the enter key, you will see that the dashboard of your Netgear router has been displayed.
- Enter the default Netgear router login credentials and click on Log In once you’re done.
- Netgear Genie setup wizard will display after clicking the Log In button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and set up Netgear router from the comfort of your home.
Before entering the router login credentials, make sure of the following points:
- At the time of Netgear router setup, if you have changed its admin credentials, then it is suggested to use them.
- In the event that you have lost or forgot your router login credentials, then you can easily get them back via “password recovery” feature (if enabled).
- Just in case, you haven’t enabled the password recovery feature and can’t get your router’s login details, you have no option left than to reset your Netgear device back to default factory settings.
- After resetting your Netgear router, you have to configure it again with 192.168.1.1, 10.0.0.1 or 192.168.1.254 IP address.
- And if you need any kind of technical assistance for resetting or setting up Netgear router, feel free to ask our experts via comments.