Oak has always been a popular choice among people when it comes to wooden flooring. Native to Britain, Oak is a tall and robust tree that indeed looks impressive because of its size and strength. The trees can reach a fantastic height of around 60 to 100 feet. Moreover, there are hundreds of species in Oak all across the world, and these trees can last for hundreds of years. Today, the oak wood is much in demand as a building material and more particularly for flooring. Hence, it is not uncommon to come across oak flooring in both commercial and residential buildings.
Benefits of Oak Flooring
There is no doubt that oak flooring can be expensive and demands a significant investment of time, money and efforts. But the results are absolutely worth it as there are multiple benefits of going for an oak floor. So, just relax as here is why oak flooring makes for the best choice.
- Top quality floor with great looks- Oak floors ensure timeless sophistication and highest quality that can last for decades.
- Little or no maintenance – Oak flooring is very easy to clean and requires little maintenance. As these floors are already treated to resist stains, spills, and damage, all one needs to do is or light vacuuming and the occasional brushing.
- A hygienic choice- Oak flooring means a much cleaner floor for your interiors as there is no need of carpets that tend to attract dust and other allergens.
- A sturdy flooring – As to oak wood can withstand shock and is resistant to loosening, or splitting, you can expect good quality strong flooring for years to come.
- Many different varieties- With oak flooring, one can pick from so many different options and need not to get anxious about having limited choices. You can even go for bespoke stains that suit your needs and preferences.
- Much cooler homes – Home with oak floors are cooler in the summer and thus makes for an environmentally friendly atmosphere in your home.
Different types of Oak Flooring
Today, you will come across many different types of oak flooring that is very highly attractive and most sought after.
- Solid flooring- This kind of flooring adds strength and radiates great style and is available in many different shades, finishes, and styles. One can pick from dark to paler shades and in many different finishes.
- Engineered flooring – The engineered flooring is made of wood layers placed together under high pressure and boasts of much higher strength and durability.
- Laminate Flooring- Laminate flooring combines natural wood with synthetic fibers and creates an ideal blend of the natural with the synthetic. What you get is stylish and long-lasting flooring.
- Vinyl flooring – Oak vinyl flooring is available in many different shades and is much popular as it is cheap, easy to clean and waterproof. It is perfect for kitchens and bathrooms because of these practical features and striking appearance.
It is no surprise to see oak rank high when it comes to flooring. After all, it is available in a huge range and is structurally strong and very durable. Some oak wood varieties are highly resistant to moisture and are tested to last for decades. Another reason why most homeowners prefer oak flooring is that it adds to the real estate value of their property.
Compared to other floor options, it is evident that oak flooring provides more advantages over others. Although they may cost more than carpets and tiles, they last for a longer time and require little maintenance. They are a better economical choice and are indeed an excellent investment. With all those significant benefits, who wouldn’t want an oak floor for their house?