What Are Neurological Disorders And Their Types | Doctor Valley
Neurological disorders are one of the most common health disorders that affect over a hundred million people per year. According to statistics, 10% of the global population suffers from migraines alone. Then there are more threatening conditions such as strokes and Alzheimer’s. Therefore, it is paramount to understand what these disorders are and how many types of neurological disorders are there. Neurology Treatment In India is slowly gaining recognition for its commendable results. People are slowly acknowledging the neurological disorders and the imminent requirement for their treatments.
What Is A Neurological Disorder?
A neurological disorder is any condition that affects the nervous system of an individual. Any nervous damage is considered a neurological disorder. From brain and spinal nerves to any other nerve across the body like peripheral, roots, and muscles fall under the complete spectrum of a nervous system.
The main cause of these disorders is related to trauma or injury suffered by the nerves that were not recovered efficiently. Therefore, they lack in their functionality. Migraine is one of the most common problems due to hitting the head, falling on it, and other similar problems. However, it is more adverse than it appears on the surface.
There are degenerative diseases related to neurological disorders such as Alzheimer’s, dementia, cerebrovascular diseases, even brain tumors. Overall, it disorients the optimal performance of any part of the body. Hence, it can often result in malnutrition or disabilities beyond recovery. That’s when the requirement for the Top Neurology Hospital in India arises.
How Many Types Of Neurological Disorders Are There?
The human body is complex, and it has a vast network of nerves. Some operate consciously through the command of the brain, while others function subconsciously. Therefore, any nerve damage can affect any part of the body, even the chemical aspect of our body and mind. Hence, leading to a wide range of disorders.
There are over six hundred different types of disorders ranging from mental-spectrum (Such as Aspergers, Autism and such), and Chronic (Back Pain, Slip Disc, Pinched Nerve) to degenerative (Alzheimer’s). The list of most common disorders include:
- A brain injury or tumor. Headache, migraine, seizures, vertigo, epilepsy, and so on.
- Chronic fatigue, malnutrition, or chronic pain in any part of the body.
- Spinal injury, torsion, or any other similar problem.
- Neuropathy, Parkinson’s Disease, Cerebral palsy, and muscular dystrophy
- Dizziness, Concussion, and other temporary problems also fall under neurological disorder.
- Birth defects in mind or spinal cord is also treated as a neurological disorder as it will generate these problems eventually.
- Psychological problems such as depression, PTSD, OCD, and others are also covered in neurological disorders.
What Are The Treatment Options For These Disorders?
The most threatening aspect of neurological disorder is the fact that each condition requires a different approach. Some are very simple and can be solved with medication, and others may require therapies. In severe cases, surgeries with administered medication are also considered. The most important part of the treatment is knowledge and information. In other words, the sooner any disorder is diagnosed, the easier it is to cure it. However, over time, if left unchecked, the situation can gradually worsen. The opposite is also true where it can get recovered, but chances for that are slim if it is a severe disorder.
A neurologist is a specialist in this department, and they are the ones you can visit. The best neurologist in India goes through extensive education and training and pass the bar examination to become practitioners in the medical field. They are highly qualified and possess in-depth knowledge regarding any neurological disorder. However, for the hope of any kind of recovery, the following are the most common measures taken:
- Physiotherapy or rehabilitation which may include chiropractor for massaging.
- Medication for management, especially for mental disorders or chronic pain. But they may have severe side effects.
- Other measures, such as lifestyle changes, dietary changes, and pain management, might also be endorsed for improvement.
- CBT (Cognitive Therapy Treatment) is also often applied to change the thought process of the patient. It is known to show remarkable results in disorders such as anxiety, epilepsy, and other similar conditions by affecting the subconscious spectrum of the brain.
Choosing The Best Neurosurgery Hospital In India
A neurological hospital is similar to a rehab center. It comprises of a wide range of qualified professionals and specialists in the field of neurology. The regular care and consistency can result in a fantastic improvement and recovery of the patient.
However, to choose an appropriate center, it is a great idea to approach mainly because they will have extensive knowledge of the best neurology hospital in Bangalore and another region of the country.
One needs to understand the adversity of the neurological disorder and immediately contact a specialist if they suspect any of these problems and symptoms regarding various dis