‘WARM spaces’ have been opened across the county for the public in need of a safe, warm space over the winter.
Across Oxfordshire, community organizations and councils have organized places for people to gather and stay warm.
A full list of warm spaces can be found blow:
- Oxfordshire County Library, Oxford
- blackird leys
- Museum of Oxford, Tea and Talk events on December 9, January 13 and February 10
- Old Marston
- Wesley Memorial Methodist Church, Tuesdays to Fridays, 10am – 4pm
- St Michael’s at the North Gate Church, Oxford, Mondays, 12.30pm – 2pm
- Collinwood Road Church, Oxford, Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, 10am to 4pm and Sundays, 10am-2pm
- Headington Baptist Church, Tuesdays, 12pm-6pm
- Wesley Memorial Church, Oxford, Mondays to Fridays, 10am-4pm, Sundays: 10.30am-12pm
- Barton Community Church, Mondays, 2pm-6pm
- Wesley Memorial Church, Oxford, Tuesdays to Fridays, 10am-4pm
- Oxford City Community Larder, West Oxford Community Centre, Botley Road, Oxford, Fridays, 4pm-7pm
- Friends Leys, Blackbird Leys Centre, Tuesdays, 10am-12.30pm
- Northway Youth Club (for ages 11 to 19), Tuesdays, 5pm-7pm
- Winter hub at New Marston Pastoral Centre, Mondays and Fridays: 7.45am-09.30am, Thursdays, 3.30pm-6pm, Wednesdays, 5pm-6pm
- Ark-T community days, first Mondays of every month, events from 09.30am-3pm
- Donnington Doorstep, Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, 10am-2pm, Wednesdays: 10am-12pm
Cafes and pubs
- Old Fire Station Cafe, Oxford, Tuesdays to Saturdays, 10am-4pm
- Ampleforth Arms Warm Space, Oxford, Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays, 1pm-4pm
- The White Hart, Lower Wolvercote, Wednesdays and Fridays, 10am-1pm
- East Oxford Community Larder Cafe, Mondays, 2.30pm-4.30pm
- Barton Community Larder Cafe, Tuesdays, 10am-12pm and 2pm-7pm
- Talking Cafe for Community Connections at Flo’s cafe in the Park, Rymers Lane, second Monday of the month, 11am-1pm
- Talking cafe for Community Connections in OX4, The Venue, 242B Barns Road, Oxford, first Monday of the month, 10am-12pm
- Talking cafe for community connections in Blackbird Leys, Blackbird Leys Library, third Monday of the month, 2pm-4pm
- Hook Norton
- Sonning Common
- The Living Room at Wallingford Baptist Church, Mondays, 09.30am-4pm
- The Coffee Lounge at Didcot Baptist Church – Starting December 14 on Mondays 10am – 3pm, Wednesdays 10am – 3pm and Thursday’s from 10am – 3pm, offering free hot drinks, snacks, internet access, newspapers, and hobby areas.
- The Harwellian, Westfield, Harwell – Thursdays 1pm -4pm
Vale of White Horse
- The Open Kitchen, Faringdon, Fridays, 10am-4pm
- The Pump House Project, Faringdon, Tuesdays, 09.30am-5pm
- The Salvation Army, Abingdon, Wednesdays, 10am-2pm
- Chipping Norton
- north leigh
- wood green
- The Sanctuary, Carterton Methodist Church, Mondays, 9am-12pm, Tuesdays, 9am-5pm
- Wootton and Dry Sandford Community Centre, Mondays to Fridays (except 23 and 26 December and 2 January), 10am-4pm
- The Windrush Club, Witney, Mondays and Fridays, 12pm-3pm
- The Red Lion at Northmoor, Wednesdays to Fridays, 3pm-5pm
Oxfordshire County Council said community groups would be able to apply for further funding ‘to keep their buildings open and help the most vulnerable this winter’ with a new scheme.
For more information on this, visit: oxfordshire.org/ocf_grants/community-building-energy-support-scheme/
This story was written by Gee Harland. She joined the team in 2022 as a senior multimedia reporter.
Gee covers Wallingford, Wantage and Didcot.
Get in touch with her by emailing: Gee.firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow her on Twitter @GeeHarland
A message from our Editor
Thank you for reading this story and supporting the Oxford Mail.
If you like what we do please consider getting a subscription to the Oxford Mail and in return we’ll give you unrestricted access with less adverts across our website from the latest news, investigations, features, and sport.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Tik Tok for more.
You can also join the conversation in our Facebook groups: stay ahead of traffic alerts here, keep up to date with the latest from court here, share your favorite memories of Oxford here, get your daily dose of celebrity news here and take some time out with news that will make you smile.
If you’ve got a story for our reporters, send us your news here. You can also list an event for free here.