Roof restoration involves the procedure of restoring roofs. The reinstallation of deteriorated roof and giving it a new look is the whole process of restoration. In this process the existing materials are removed and new materials are added so that it last for a long time. But there may be some places where little portion of the roof needs to be completely replaced and removed before the onset of restoration work. But if a bigger portion of the roof has got damaged then replacing the whole roof would be a better and economical option. In the restoration of roofs highly engineered coating materials are used for repair and replacement of your old roof into a new one. It is used on EPDM, PVC, MOD-BIT built up and some are even used on SPF roofing system.
Different types of restoration process of roofs
If you are planning for roof repair then you will first have to choose the right roofing material. Different types of roof restoration are available from which you can choose the best one according to your requirement.
- Concrete tiles for roofing – These types of tiles are made up of sand, water and cement so they are very sturdy and can last for a life time. They are available in three types, flat tile, curve tile and dramatic curve look. It is fire resistant and has a great durability.
- Beautiful terracotta tiles for roofing – Terracotta tiles are new types of roofing tiles. They are made up of clay and are extremely durable. They are salt resistant so they can easily be used in coastal areas. They also offer thermal protection that keeps your home warm and cool depending on the season. These tiles are available in different colors.
- Steel for roofing – Steel roofing has a lot of advantages. They are energy efficient. They are usually made up of recyclable materials which help in keeping our environment safe.
These are only three types of options which have been discussed among the several available for roof restoration. All these materials have some advantages and disadvantages. You have to select one according to your personal style and requirement.
Benefits of restoration of roofs
Homeowners usually ignore roof restoration. But it is a vital part of your home and protects you from all harsh weather conditions. But over time the roof becomes weak, discolored and wears out. If you are facing such problems, then it’s high time to repair or replace your roof.
- Roofs get weakened due to extreme weather conditions like hail storms, gale force winds and blistering heat waves. So they need regular maintenance for better performance. By choosing roof restoration you can easily extend the life of your existing roof.
- Over time your roof may deteriorate which results in leakage. If water gets in your home, you may experience mildew and mold. In this scenario you have to take preventative measures to replace or repair your roof.
- Roof restoration adds value to your property and may help you in selling it at high price. You can bring back life to your weathered and old roof by restoring it. Restoration will increase the beauty of your home.
- The roof which is in terrible condition may not get sealed properly. This can let the air out of your home. During summers it will heat up your home which can further increase the electricity bills. In order to curb huge electricity bills you need to repair your roof and save money.
These are some of the benefits that you can enjoy if you pay a little attention and maintain the roof regularly.