Ganesh Chaturthi is just around the corner and people have started prepping for the day. The day marks the birthday of Lord Ganesha. On this day, Lord Ganesha is worshipped by millions of Indians across the globe. Lord Ganesha is believed to bring good fortune, wealth, and prosperity to our lives.
This year, keeping all the Covid-19 safety protocols in mind, try opting for an eco-friendly Ganpati festival. The preparation for the festival starts with buying the idol. This year, you can go for eco friendly Ganesha idols rather than the Plaster of Paris ones. While the regular ones may look attractive, the eco-friendly one will make you contribute your share towards a cleaner environment. Below is a list of eco-friendly Ganpati idols that you can bring home this year for Ganesh Chaturthi celebration.
- Tree Ganesh Idols: Tree Ganesh idols are in trend nowadays. You can find various types of tree Ganesh idols at online store that will not only cater to your needs but also grow into a beautiful plant.
- Crystal Ganesh Idols: Crystal Ganesh idols can add a chic vibe to your Ganesh Chaturthi celebrations. You can keep the idol after pooja rather than immersing it into water and polluting it.
- Clay Ganesh Idols: You can opt for a small clay Ganesh idol for this year’s Ganesh Chaturthi celebration. The idols are made with 100% biodegradable materials and are easily dissolved in water. While opting for this one, you need to remember that you must immerse the idol in a tub rather than immersing it into a water body as it will pollute the water.
- DIY Ganesh Idols: This is one of the most eco-friendly options you can opt for. Make a DIY idol at home using recyclable materials this Ganesh Chaturthi and celebrate the festival in a climate conscious way.
- Brass Ganesh Idols: Brass Ganesh idols can be kept in your pooja room after Ganesh Chaturthi pooja. You can find intricately designed, the finest quality brass Ganesh idols at FlipKart, Amazon & Mypoojabox.in and get one to enhance the beauty of your house.
To help you shift towards an eco-friendly Ganesh Chaturthi, we have stated some reasons below on why you should opt for an eco-friendly Ganesh idol this year.
Reduces water pollution: The idols that are made of Plaster of Paris or other nonbiodegradable materials do not dissolve in water completely. This leads to severe water pollution. The materials used for making those idols can increase the acid levels and can kill the natural life in water. Other than that, people who use polluted water can suffer from serious medical conditions. So, in every sense, it is better to opt for the eco friendly Ganesha idols rather than the regular ones.
Does not contain metal content: The eco-friendly idols do not contain any harmful metal content, and are made with 100% organic materials. The regular ones on the other hand contain harmful chemicals like magnesium, sulphur, phosphorus, arsenic, mercury, etc. that can be very harmful and sometimes even fatal for the living creatures in water. The water gets contaminated with a high amount of metal content and chemicals that get into the systems of the fish and the plants. Those chemicals get transferred to human bodies when they eat those fish and other creatures that are found in water. Consumption of these chemicals can cause damage to the circulatory, nervous, and digestive systems of human beings.
Free from artificial dyes: The eco-friendly idols are free from artificial dyes and glitters that are usually used to decorate the regular idols. The dyes and glitter may rub off on your palms, and you might even inhale it. Which may cause serious health hazards. On the contrary, an eco-friendly idol does not have any of these risks.