CISSP stands for Certified Information Systems Security Professional. International Information System Security Certification Consortium (ISC)² is responsible for offering the CISSP certification, the world’s most sought-after and in-demand cybersecurity certification.
With the increase in data breaches and cyber threats, organisations and enterprises hire cybersecurity professionals to protect their networks from attacks. Therefore, CISSP, the cyber security course, is mainly preferred by IT professionals to advance their cybersecurity careers.
Earlier, CISSP consisted of ten domains. From 2015 onwards, CISSP domains were reduced to eight, as given below:
- Asset Security
- Security Assessment and Testing
- Security and Risk Management
- Identity and Access Management
- Software Development Security
- Security Operations
- Communication and Network Security
- Security Architecture and Engineering
CISSP – Cyber Security Course Eligibility
To earn the CISSP credential, IT professionals must meet the below requirements:
- They must hold at least five years of experience working in two or more out of eight CISSP domains.
- Individuals possessing a four-year degree or a master’s degree can have four years of experience working in two or more out of eight CISSP domains.
- They need to appear for the CISSP exam consisting of 150 questions and need to score 700 or more out of 1000 to qualify for the exam.
- It is recommended that applicants possess entry-level cybersecurity certifications, like CCNA, CEH offered by EC Council, CISA, CompTIA+ Security+, CISM, etc.
- Professionals working as Security Auditors, Security Consultants and Managers, IT Directors, Network and Security Architects, and Chief Information Security Officers can take this certification.
The CISSP exam is a brain-teaser, with assumed exam pass rates of only 50% worldwide. This exam validates individuals’ managerial and technical expertise across eight CISSP domains.
Due to eight CISSP domains, this cyber security course syllabus is hugely vast and lengthy. Many students fail to clear the CISSP exam due to several reasons. Though the syllabus is extensive, dedicated efforts, a strong will, and hard determination can surely help individuals earn this most coveted cybersecurity certification.
Reasons Why You Failed The CISSP Exam
1. You Studied Aimlessly
Studying “aimlessly” means you have not concentrated on your weaknesses and strengths. As mentioned above, the CISSP exam is challenging, and the syllabus is vast, it becomes hard to study.
But if you know your strengths and weaknesses, you can plan your study accordingly. You can take a diagnostic exam to know your flaws and strengths. Once you identify them, you can concentrate more on your faults.
2. You Crammed
Cramming means studying vigorously for a short time just before an examination. It is considered the most ineffective approach of the study. If you opt for this method, you will not retain the information you studied for the long term, which is undoubtedly not beneficial for you and your career.
Understanding the concepts profoundly and applying them in the real world can help you retain knowledge for future use. Studying only to pass an examination is not real learning.
3. You Hit A Wall
Solving 100 to 150 questions in three hours is not less than a running marathon. Moreover, the new CISSP exam follows the CAT format that tests individuals’ psychological state, i.e., the question’s difficulty level varies depending upon the previous questions they submit.
Therefore, if you solve the current question correctly, the next question’s difficulty level gets increased. While taking the CISSP examination, you can take a physical and mental break after solving a challenging question. Just look around, take a walk, or have snacks if needed.
4. You Fell For The Test Taker’s Trap
You spend more than 200 hours studying for the exam, have taken multiple mock tests, and memorised several vital terms to excel in the exam. But some questions in the exam may be different from what you have studied.
Such questions may undoubtedly frustrate you. The best way is to let it go. Let just not one question affect the entire paper.
To pursue any cyber security online course, you must head towards Koenig Solutions. It is the world’s renowned and most preferred training organisation.
Here, individuals who enrolled for the CISSP course learn industry-recognised cybersecurity principles and standards. You can gain an in-depth understanding of all eight CISSP domains with cybersecurity expert instructors. Moreover, you also get accredited CISSP study material from Subject Matter Experts (SMEs).