Full-Form Of DC:
DC stands for the two most prominent posts in the Indian administration system. In general, DC stands for District collector who is also known as District Magistrate or DM in some states. In the Police system, The abbreviation DCP stands for Deputy Commissioner of Police. DCP is a very significant post at both the central level and state level. It is a high rank in the police system and an Indian Police Service is selected for the job.
How To Be A DCP:
After knowing the dc full form in police, now know about how can a person be selected for the post:-
- Appear and qualify for the exams conducted by UPSC or Union Public Service Commission. Then crack the interview.
- After a service of 15-20 years in the police, a candidate can be promoted to be a DCP.
- The candidate must be an Indian citizen from birth.
- The mental and physical fitness of the must be as per the standard set by the Indian Government.
- The candidate must hold a graduate degree from a reputed and recognised University.
- Take action on criminal and associated offences as The Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) is in charge of the department’s day-to-day operations.
- Providing the essential information and report on it to his or her superior authority. if necessary take action accordingly.
- Providing favourable feedback on departmental strategy initiatives to the senior and giving instructions to the department to take action.
Salary Of A DCP:
The average salary of a DCP is around 70000 INR. They are also eligible for various allowances Such as HRA and DA. A vehicle is also provided to them for office use by the Government of India.
Some other important Abbreviation of Indian officers-
- DC-District Commissioner
- IAS-Indian administrative services.
- IPS-Indian police service.
- IFS-Indian foreign service.
- DSP-Deputy Superintendent of Police
- DC- District Collector
- DM-District Magistrate
- SDM- Sub District Magistrate