The full form of DSP is the Deputy Superintendent of Police.
History of The post DSP:
After knowing the DSP full form, let us talk about a brief history about it. The post was created in the year 1876 in the pre-independent era by the British government to run the country of India smoothly. A DSP works as an assistant of the SP. That is why it is also known as ACP or Assistant Commissioner of Police in some states. The Full form of an SP is Superintendent of Police. The post is known as Circle Officer in some states such as Uttar Pradesh and Rajasthan while in West Bengal it is called SDPO or Sub-divisional Police officer.
Also Read: DC full Form In Police Departments Of India
The person is an agent of the state police powers. The position symbol of a DSP official is one star on the shoulder lash. Keeping law and control in the state is the obligation of the DSP. They counsel each data with their nearby seniors and work as per the idea given by them. The Financial Powers of a DSP is as per the Financial Rule 1986 and the changes presented along these lines.
Also Read: NSFW Meaning
The estimated salary of a DSP is 50000 thousand per month. Apart from salary, they are eligible for various allowances such as HRA and DA.
Selection Process of A Police Officer:
- Written Exam – conducted in two levels: Preliminary and Mains
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
- Interview and Medical
- The candidate must hold Indian citizenship.
- The age of the candidate must be between 21years and 30 years. As per law, a 5 years relaxation is given to the candidates belonging to the SC/ST category.
- The height of the male candidate must be at least 168 cm and the height of the male candidate must be a minimum of 155 cm.
Want to know more? Check out our extensive database of abbreviations.