The cosy winter after the summer season is all set in. The flow of cool breeze, sudden fall in temperature can slow down your metabolism, conserves energy and keeps your body warm throughout the season. This is why you feel sluggish during the winter season. There are a lot of foods which can supply your body with energy at the same time it increases the metabolism and keeps you warm throughout the winter season. Let’s go through the article now:
Top 10 foods you should never miss this winter:
- Ginger: Warm your body and boost your metabolism with a cup of ginger tea. Yes! Ginger has thermogenic properties. It also helps in digestion, strengthens your immune system, and fights cough and cold, which occurs during the winter season. If you are suffering from a severe respiratory infection, consult your healthcare provider immediately. Order your medicines from any of the best online medical store in India and get your prescription medicines delivered at your doorstep.
- Ghee: An excellent source of food to keep your body warm. Though we know that ghee can add calories, it can be consumed in a lesser amount to keep your body warm also, it aids in reducing body fat. So, go for desi ghee and enjoy its benefits.
- Onion: Onions can cure respiratory illness caused due to cold weather. Consuming onions can increase metabolism and keep your body warmth and functional. So, use this kitchen staple and prepare your body during the biting cold.
- Pepper: Pepper is one of the best spices to guzzle during the winter season. The compound piperine present in the black pepper increases the body heat or thermogenesis, which causes the body to boost metabolism helping to burn calories as well.
- Dry fruits: Dry fruits are the richest source of energy. During the winter season, our skin becomes dry and consuming dry fruits like dates, apricots, raisins, walnuts, almonds, peaches, figs and peanuts can keep the body warm, protects the body from diseases, promotes blood circulation, and can deliver all essential nutrients needed for the body. So, satiate your cravings this winter with a handful of your favourite nuts and enjoy its benefits to the fullest!
- Turmeric: The golden spice “turmeric” is packed with medicinal properties such as anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Let turmeric be a part of your winter diet and include it in your food to keep health issues at bay. One best drink suggested by our grandma is “turmeric milk”! Drinking this during winter can keep you warm and also helps to manage blood sugar levels. You can also try turmeric tea to control joint pain, inflammation, and to boost skin health.
- Eggs: Eggs are rich in nutrients and consuming it can provide us with numerous health benefits. It helps to ward off harmful bacteria and viruses, keeps the body warm, prevents fatigue, and strengthens the immune system.
- Mustard oil: Mustard oil provides warmness to the body; hence the oil is used to massage the body winter season. It also fights cough, cold, dry and chapped skin developed due to harsh weather.
- Cinnamon stick: Due to anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties, spices help to shield us from cough and cold. The polyphenols and proanthocyanidins present in the cinnamon stick aids in boosting the immunity naturally, settles down stomach issues, relieves congestion, soothes a sore throat and aids digestion. Different types of ayurvedic medicine are available in the market to treat cough, cold, respiratory infections and other health issues. Get herbal supplements and ayurvedic products from any trusted online ayurvedic stores at your convenience.
- Sesame seeds: The crunchy calcium-rich sesame seeds are topped over many desi foods to boost the taste as well as it helps to keep the body naturally warm. So, go ahead and open your masala box to make your favourite dishes using sesame seeds. Never fail to reap its benefits during the winter season.
Yes! Winters knock our door every year! We prepare ourselves to protect from the biting cold with jackets, blankets, and gloves. Wearing these can keep our body warm. But, we never pay attention to the foods and drinks we consume during the season. Yes! The foods, spices and herbs provide us with anti-bacterial, anti-oxidant, and anti-fungal properties. So, never miss out the above-listed foods to include during the winter season. Incorporate it in your favourite dishes and make healthy, delicious food to generate enough heat to your body.