There are different types of windows and doors available on the market for you to choose from according to your need and home requirements. It is therefore required that you consider all contributing factors and look at the various aspects that will influence your choice. You may also opt for designing your windows and doors with the help of the designing tool available. Here is a brief insight of them all.
Types of Windows
To know more about windows and doors you must take each item specifically. A window consists of an outside frame to fill the wall opening along with a sash frame to hold the glass that provides ventilation and visibility. The difference lies in the design and the operating mechanism of the sash within the frame.
Traditionally you will have three types of windows namely, sliding windows, double hung windows and awning windows.
- Sliding windows will typically have a cleaner look. As the most expensive commercial windows these will have an exclusive handle on the mullion. This handle provides easy access and cleaner lines. It will also have a built-in weather flap to reduce water and air infiltration. It will also cover the drain slots as well as minimize insect intrusion.
- Double hung windows, on the other hand, are more modern with several features to accommodate screening inside the head and sill.
- Awning windows have designer beveled edge frame and casement and a wide sash. The cohesive hinge design within the frame gives it a clean designer finish.
The Door Types
Looking for the best windows and doors you can choose from different door styles as well according to the functionality of rooms.
- Doors can be hinged with the modern designer look with a choice of single, double or side lights.
- Sliding doors are another option that is best for areas having less space.
- Bi-fold doors are innovative, and the system does not need any structural beam.
Design Your Own
If you want to be more creative, then you can design your own windows and doors as well. You can use the design tool available on the internet provided by several manufacturers. It will give you a step by step instruction to design the door or window that you are looking for. You will also be able to choose the hardware style and finish you want to match with the interior and exterior colour of your home. Apart from that, you can choose the grille pattern and trim of your liking. All you must do after selecting these all is to save the design or take a printout of your windows and doors design, give it to the manufacturer for a quote and wait for your designer items to be delivered.
Designing A Window
There are different options to choose from when you design your own window. However, the options may vary from one manufacturer to another but that will only be in the features.
- You can design an awning window of your own according to the options given by the manufacturers.
- You can also design a bay and bow window using this tool whether it is casement or double hung bay.
- Take time to design push out or French casement windows or a unique gliding window, picture window or a double hung window.
Designing the Doors
While you are designing the windows and doors you can choose a sliding or gliding patio door and design it like a French patio door. You can also have a look at the wide variety of hinged patio door or a storm door that is interchangeable or retractable. Apart from that, you may also have a look and choose light ventilating storm doors of different specifications as well.